Pilgrimage to Medjugorje - September 27, 2023
With your guide, Ann Vucic
On June 24, 1981, six young people from the quaint village of Medjugorje, in modern-day Bosnia-Herzegovina, claimed the Blessed Virgin Mary had appeared to them, bringing messages of peace and conversion for all people. She continues to appear to the present day, and her messages urge all people to turn their hearts back to God and place Him first in their lives and families. Her messages also provide the instructions for doing this: daily conversion, prayer of the heart, fasting, penance, Mass, monthly confession, and reading and living out Scripture.
Pilgrims on this grace-filled pilgrimage will enjoy the guidance and leadership of Ann Vucic, early witness to the Medjugorje apparitions. Born just two miles away from Medjugorje, Ann’s family immigrated to the United States when she was two years old. They returned to their homeland to visit relatives in 1981 and were there when the Blessed Mother began appearing to the children. Hearing of the apparitions, Ann and her family rushed to the site, where she became an eyewitness to the earliest appearances. Her life forever changed, she is now dedicated to sharing the story of Medjugorje and encouraging others to grow in love for Our Lady and her Son.
Medjugorje is not just a pilgrimage, it’s an immersion experience into a rhythm of prayer in a setting steeped in the Lord’s peace. Many have said it is the closest to heaven on earth they have experienced. Pilgrims will spend 8 days in Medjugorje, participating in the daily spiritual life of St. James Church, which includes the English Mass, the evening program of prayer and adoration, as well as additional activities as outlined in the itinerary.
Medjugorje Pilgrimage Itinerary
Depart New York on our overnight flights to Europe. Meals served on flight.
Upon arrival in Split, we will travel to Medjugorje. Dinner will be waiting for us upon our arrival at our pansion.
• On our first full day in Medjugorje, Ann will provide you with a comprehensive orientation about Medjugorje and the apparitions, and you will be a given a brief tour of the area, so that you are familiar with everything.
• We will have two meals each day at our pansion (breakfast every morning, and either lunch or dinner, depending on the events scheduled that day). There are many restaurants in Medjugorje for people who may wish to have a third meal each day.
• Many of the activities will be subject to availability and weather. You will always have the option of participating in group activities or spending time by yourself. These activities include:
- Attending the Holy Mass in English every day at St. James church (usually at 10:00 am), with English speaking pilgrims from throughout the world.
- Participating in the international program of prayer each evening, which includes the Rosary, Sacrament of Reconciliation, international Mass for all pilgrims, prayers for healing, and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
- Climbing Apparition Hill, site where Our Lady first appeared to the visionaries.
- Climbing Cross Mountain; praying the Stations of the Cross as we ascend to the summit.
- Visiting the Cenacolo Community, where young people with various addictions will share their testimonies about how they found freedom and a new life through prayer, work, and the Sacraments.
- Hearing talks by visionaries, priests and other locals, when possible.
- Free time for shopping, so that you can bring back a piece of Medjugorje to your loved ones at home, and private reflection.
Depart Medjugorje early in the morning after a wonderful pilgrimage with Our Lady! Transfer to the airport in Sarajevo for our return flights home.