Medjugorje Pilgrimage - November 8, 2019
Pilgrimage directed by Ann Vucic - Departing from New York
Pilgrims on this combined pilgrimage-retreat will enjoy the guidance and leadership of Ann Vucic, early witness to the Medjugorje apparitions. Born just two miles away from Medjugorje, Ann’s family immigrated to the United States when she was two years old. They returned to their homeland to visit relatives in 1981, and were there when the Blessed Mother began appearing to six children in Medjugorje. Hearing of the apparitions, Ann and her family rushed to the site, where Ann became an early witness to the appearances. Her life forever changed, she is now dedicated to sharing the story of Medjugorje and encouraging others to grow in love for Our Lady and her Son.
Medjugorje Pilgrimage Itinerary
Flight from New York (JFK) to Sarajevo. Meals served on flight.
Upon arrival in Sarajevo, we will travel to Medjugorje. Dinner will be waiting for us upo our arrival at our pansion.
Our activities will include:
- On our first full day in Medjugorje, Ann will provide you with a comprehensive orientation about Medjugorje and the apparitions, and you will be a given a brief tour of the area, so that you are familiar with everything.
- We will have two meals each day at our pansion (breakfast every morning, and either lunch or dinner, depending on the events scheduled that day). There are many restaurants in Medjugorje for people who may wish to have a third meal each day.
- Many of the activities will be subject to availability and weather. You will always have the option of participating in group activities or spending time by yourself. These activities include:
- Attending the Holy Mass in English every day at St. James church (usually at 10:00 am), with English speaking pilgrims from throughout the world.
- Participating in the international program of prayer each evening, which includes the Rosary, Sacrament of Reconciliation, international Mass for all pilgrims, prayers for healing, and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
- Climbing Apparition Hill, site where Our Lady first appeared to the visionaries.
- Climbing Cross Mountain; praying the Stations of the Cross as we ascend to the summit.
- Visiting the Cenacolo Community, where young people with various addictions will share their testimonies about how they found freedom and a new life through prayer, work, and the Sacraments.
- Hearing talks by visionaries, priests and other locals, when possible.
- Free time for shopping, so that you can bring back a piece of Medjugorje to your loved ones at home, and private reflection.
We depart Medjugorje this morning, heading north towards Zagreb. Along the way, we will stop in Zadar, along the Adriatic Coast. Zadar is the oldest continuously inhabited city in Croatia and is home to the relics of Simeon, to whom the Lord was presented in the Temple on His 8th day. After celebrating Sunday Mass in this city, we continue our journey to Zagreb where we will check into our hotel. Here we will have time to explore Zagreb’s Upper Town and enjoy dinner on our own in one of the numerous charming restaurants.
This morning will be free to explore the old town of Zagreb, including St. Mark’s Square. Pending his schedule, we will have a visit and talk with Fr. Jozo, parish priest in Medjugorje at the time the apparitions began. Dinner tonight will again be on our own.
Depart Zagreb in the morning, taking with us wonderful memories of our journey with Our Lady
- 8 nights accommodation in Medjugorje
- 2 night accommodation in Zagreb
- Ann Vucic as Pilgrimage Director
- All hotel taxes and service charges
- Breakfast and dinner per brochure itinerary
- Arrival and departure transfers by private motor coach